We have Splunk 4.1.4 on Redhat Linux. We also have the PCI Compliance Suite Installed
Everytime I login I get the red error bar complaining about a lookup issue. I did see another similar 'Answer' but it wasn't quite the same issue. I am fairly new to splunk so here is what I have found so far.
From the logs;
ERROR LookupOperator - The lookup table 'windows_name_lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::(MonitorWare|Snare|WinEventLog)...'.
The word windows_name_lookup is found in these files;
You probably need to make sure the lookup (or all lookups) are exported from the SKB-windows app to global. This is a bug in the app that it isn't. You can do this either in the Manager GUI, or you can add to SKB-windows/metadata/local.meta this: