Splunk Search

Listing out dates and appending to search??

tb5821
Communicator

I'm trying to list out all dates between my time picker and have that as a column in my table. I do both things individually but just not together 🙂

index="myindex"
| rex "jobID (?<jobid>\d+)"
| rex "dayID (?<dayid>\d+)"
| eval daydt=strptime(dayid, "%Y%m%d")
| eval daydt=strftime(daydt,"%Y-%m-%d")
| transaction jobid dayid endswith="data consumed for jobID"
|eval duration=tostring(duration,"duration")
| eval status=if(closed_txn=="0","Complete","Incomplete")
| appendpipe
[ |gentimes start=-1|addinfo|eval date=strftime(mvrange(info_min_time,info_max_time,"1d"),"%F")|mvexpand date
]
| sort -date
| table date closed_txn daydt _time duration

Can someone tell me whats wrong here?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

What do you exactly mean with "all dates between my time picker"? What is the output of your SPL? What did you expect? Could you give some example data?

0 Karma

tb5821
Communicator

if I select last 30 days - I want one column that has a row for each day regardless of what my main search has

0 Karma

rvany
Communicator

Should this "day column" go on a row of its own? What if you have more than one data rows for a particular day?

Maybe you want to have a look at the "bin" command (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Bin) to group your events by day with a "span=1d" parameter.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
What should be in that one column? Can you mock it up?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...