Splunk Search

Listing all saved searches from all apps via REST without correlation searches

karadikid
Explorer

Hi All,

So, I know I can get a list of all enabled saved searches by doing:

| rest count=0 /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | search disabled=0 | table title

However, I want to list all enabled saved searches from all Apps, which are NOT "correlation searches". Any idea how to implement such query?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A correlation search is the same as a saved search.  The only distinction is the app context.  You can use the regex command to filter on eai:acl.app, but you'll have to come up with a regular expression that matches only ES apps.  Something like this (which filters too much)

| rest count=0 /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | search disabled=0 
| regex eai:acl.app!="(DA-ESS)|(SA-)"
| table title

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

karadikid
Explorer

Thanks richgalloway!

So, can I safely assume that a correlation search is only related to SplunkES and simply negate other apps in my queries?

I also wonder how the UI returns specifically "Correlation Searches"\"Saved Searches"\etc... when searching via the "content management" UI. Any idea how I can mimic this behaviour? 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I dug further into my notes and found this query.

| rest splunk_server=local count=0 /services/saved/searches 
| where NOT 'action.correlationsearch.enabled'=1

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...