Splunk Search

Large lookup files.

drussell88
Explorer

I am getting a warning in my splunkd.log for DistributedBundleReplicationManger.
03-15-2013 08:44:28.028 -0400 WARN DistributedBundleReplicationManager - bundle replication to 1 peer(s) took too long (29578ms), bundle file size=64480KB, replication_id=1363351438.
I read that this may be caused by a large look up file. What is this file they are talking about and where do I find it? I am getting this error about once a minute and it is always the same size, so I am assuming it is the same file.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

Are you looking for all lookup files?

Manager» Lookups» Lookup table files

Likely a csv file used in a search. The knowledge bundle can be found at Splunk Home>var>run>searchpeers>(latest).bundle (that is a file so replace > with backslash), on the search peer. It'll be in there along with every other one you have.

I'm having a similar problem except that mine is past the warn stage.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your bundle is 64MB, so I guess there is 63MB worth of lookup files somewhere in /lookups of some distributed app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...