Splunk Search

Is there a way to map field values with particular colors on a bar chart?

evang_26
Communicator

Hi users,

I am trying to color my bar charts to help a user's eye to focus on a more meaningful way to search output. While doing some searches about that I only found that one can change the colors of a search amending js scripts which is not my speciality. Is there any other to do while extracting the fields?

Here is a sample code:

sourcetype=nessus severity_id!=0 earliest=-2mon@mon latest=now | timechart span=1mon dc(cve) by severity 

Since Nessus assigns vulnerabilities into a severity which can be "critical", "high", "medium" and "low", my chart eventually is drawn up by 4 color bars. How to color bars based on a field value?

Thanks,
Evang

1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're using simple xml, you can use "charting.fieldColors" property to define specific color based on field name (and with your query you would get fields like critical/high/medium/low).

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference#General_chart_prop...

e.g.

<option name="charting.fieldColors">
          {"critial": 0xFF0000, "high": 0xFF9900, "medium":0x0066FF, "low":0xC4C4C0}
        </option>

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're using simple xml, you can use "charting.fieldColors" property to define specific color based on field name (and with your query you would get fields like critical/high/medium/low).

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference#General_chart_prop...

e.g.

<option name="charting.fieldColors">
          {"critial": 0xFF0000, "high": 0xFF9900, "medium":0x0066FF, "low":0xC4C4C0}
        </option>

evang_26
Communicator

Hi somesoni2,

That worked perfectly!

Thanks a lot,

Evang

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...