Splunk Search

Is there a difference between guided and manual mode? Is there a difference between real-time and continuous?

frizzoS3

Guided and Manual Mode?

Real Time and Continuous?

Is one more efficient then the other?

Thank you.

Frank

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @frizzoS3, this can be read in docs:
Correlation searches can run with a real-time or continuous schedule.
• Use a real-time schedule to prioritize current data and performance. Searches with a real-time schedule are skipped if the search cannot be run at the scheduled time. Searches with a real-time schedule do not backfill gaps in data that occur if the search is skipped.
• Use a continuous schedule to prioritize data completion, as searches with a continuous schedule are never skipped.
As for guided vs. manual mode -- I think this is the difference, "Select a mode of Guided to create a search without having to write the search syntax yourself, or select Manual to write your own search."

frizzoS3

Hi

I am trying to change the Scheduling on a correlation search to Continuous from Real Time, and I am getting a field " Fields to Group by" in order to save the search.

I have entered a couple of different field names, but to no avail as I keep getting the following message...."There was an error saving the correlation search."

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Frank

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...