Splunk Search

Invalid authorization - Code 3 - Why Splunk Zendesk Integration failing?

greekleo89
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi All,

I've stumbled on a very frustrating problem.  I've created a HEC token to use in Zendesk so that Zendesk can send webhooks to splunk.  When i try to test the connection i receive the following error:

{"text":"Invalid authorization","code":3}

I looked on the forum and found this:  https://community.splunk.com/t5/Getting-Data-In/HTTP-Event-Collector-Why-am-I-getting-error-quot-Inv... 

I have tried to put the user  Splunk in front of the token and can see in chrome developer tools that it is being sent, however i am not able to successfully connect.

From another machine on the network, with curl and using the word Splunk i am able to successfully post a message.

splunk.PNG

Please note I do not believe this to be a firewall/port issue as that problem was resolved for me to get to this stage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...