Splunk Search

Indexed data redirection

soe_hlawin
Explorer

I want to redirection the indexed data into separate index through transforms.conf

1. Post redirection, does the data available in both the indexes or only the new index?
  2. Does this redirection consume double the space which ulimately doulbes my licensing cost?
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

The redirection is a pure redirection, i.e. the data will go to the index you've redirected it to only. So, because it's only going to one index, there's no impact on licensing as you're still indexing the same amount of data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

The redirection is a pure redirection, i.e. the data will go to the index you've redirected it to only. So, because it's only going to one index, there's no impact on licensing as you're still indexing the same amount of data.

0 Karma

soe_hlawin
Explorer

Ayn, Thanks for clarification. Is there a way to manipulate at indexer lever to have the data in two different indexes?
My usecase is to have a index with actual data and another with same data but masked values.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...