Splunk Search

Identify which dashboards are using inline searches

gagandeep_arora
Path Finder

I am looking out for a search query to fire on my search head:

My intention is to find all the dashboards / reports that are using inline searches.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

|rest/servicesNS/-/-/data/ui/views | regex eai:data!="<search ref=\"" | table disabled title eai:acl.app eai:appName id

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

|rest/servicesNS/-/-/data/ui/views | regex eai:data!="<search ref=\"" | table disabled title eai:acl.app eai:appName id

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi gagandeep_arora,
use Splunk Distributed Monitoring Console App to monitor your search activity.
In addition you could use Search Activity App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2632/) but it isn't so easy to configure.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi gagandeep_arora,
use Splunk Distributed Monitoring Console App to monitor your search activity.
In addition you could use Search Activity App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2632/) but it isn't so easy to configure.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gagandeep_arora
Path Finder

Hello cusello,

Thanks for your response. We have had an issue with Search_Activity app. The search head clusters were frequently crashing and we were not knowing from an year. Later Splunk support asked us to disable that app - As the app is no more recommended and was creating crashes for the system.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi gagandeep_arora,
Ok but you could take some searches from this app and use them for your monitoring, without install the full app.
In addition use DMC.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...