Splunk Search

How to use the C# SDK to return a large search result set (5,000,000 rows)?

pateld
Explorer

Hi

I have a "Saved Report" (Named- GetIP), which finds unique IP passed through firewall for th Last 30 days. It reports data approximately 5,000,000 rows.

Search is like this:

index=myIPIndex  | stats max(_time) as LastSeen,Count by foundIP | convert ctime(LastSeen) | sort -LastSeen

I am using C# SDK 2.0. Can someone provide working example to retrieve all 5,000,000 rows? I am getting only first 10,000 rows which is max row defined by Splunk.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

For a start, don't use the sort command in your search. The sort command output is limited to 10,000 results; this is probably the source of your difficulties. See the sort documentation here.

Plus, if you want to sort 5 million values, do it outside of Splunk...

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

For a start, don't use the sort command in your search. The sort command output is limited to 10,000 results; this is probably the source of your difficulties. See the sort documentation here.

Plus, if you want to sort 5 million values, do it outside of Splunk...

pateld
Explorer

I was "sort" command which has limit for 10000
thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...