Splunk Search

How to use the C# SDK to return a large search result set (5,000,000 rows)?

pateld
Explorer

Hi

I have a "Saved Report" (Named- GetIP), which finds unique IP passed through firewall for th Last 30 days. It reports data approximately 5,000,000 rows.

Search is like this:

index=myIPIndex  | stats max(_time) as LastSeen,Count by foundIP | convert ctime(LastSeen) | sort -LastSeen

I am using C# SDK 2.0. Can someone provide working example to retrieve all 5,000,000 rows? I am getting only first 10,000 rows which is max row defined by Splunk.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

For a start, don't use the sort command in your search. The sort command output is limited to 10,000 results; this is probably the source of your difficulties. See the sort documentation here.

Plus, if you want to sort 5 million values, do it outside of Splunk...

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

For a start, don't use the sort command in your search. The sort command output is limited to 10,000 results; this is probably the source of your difficulties. See the sort documentation here.

Plus, if you want to sort 5 million values, do it outside of Splunk...

pateld
Explorer

I was "sort" command which has limit for 10000
thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...