Splunk Search

How to upload multiple files in Splunk? Is it possible to upload multiple files like 100 1MB files in Splunk at the same time?

swati_sharma

How to upload multiple files in the Splunk?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

supunsap

If you want to upload multiple files in Splunk, you can zip file and browse it

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you want to upload them from the Web UI? I don't think that would work with the wizard there.

However, if you can, simply move your files to the instance running splunk and add a file monitor to those files, indexing them only once (not continuously).

0 Karma

swati_sharma

Is there no way to upload the directory to the splunk likewise we uploaded files?

0 Karma

csnidsplunk
Explorer

Why dont you put them all in a zip. Keep under 500 MB and u have your one file. 😉 Worked for me.

swati_sharma

yes, through Web UI, If I am not wrong, you want to say that we can't upload directory having 1MB*100files to the splunk.
Is there any other way by which we can upload the directory to the splunk.?

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why don't you try either the oneshot from the cli, or if you like to work with the ui setting a monitor to that directory, indexing once? That does exactly what you need.

How else would you "upload" a directory? The "Add Data" wizard handles individual files, I don't see how you would apply it to more than one file.

0 Karma

swati_sharma

Please reply as soon as possible. whatever it would be.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

I would use oneshot from the cli. The web interface doesn't support multiple files. Just run oneshot from any forwarder configured to send to your indexer.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/Data/MonitorfilesanddirectoriesusingtheCLI

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...