Splunk Search

How to update lookup using macro?

yutaka1005
Builder

When I want to update lookup using search like below, it updates lookup table even if there is no results, but I want to avoid it.
~ | outputlookup sample.csv

So, I was thinking that I can do it by using macro, and configured like below, but it didn't work.

• Definition
    outputlookup sample.csv

• Arguments
    arg

• Validation Expression
    isnotnull($arg$)

• Validation Error Message
    result is null !
    For example, in the sample search shown below, the field "result" is passed to the macro and the field is null, so I thought that I would get an error, but I did not get an error.

| makeresults count=1
    | macro(result)
    How can I do it? If someone know about it, please tell me.

0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

マクロの仕様ではなく、LOOKUPファイルを上書きしない方法の回答です。

サーチの中で元ファイルを1回追加で読み込んで、サーチ結果が0件でない場合は追加したデータを削除する動きは可能だと思います。

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

マクロの仕様ではなく、LOOKUPファイルを上書きしない方法の回答です。

サーチの中で元ファイルを1回追加で読み込んで、サーチ結果が0件でない場合は追加したデータを削除する動きは可能だと思います。

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

確かにappend=tで元ファイルを取り込んで、dedupするみたいなサーチで実現はできるんですが、macroの動作仕様が気になるので、別途質問しようかと思います…。

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi @yutaka1005

Check this link, similar question by @niketnilay

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/488470/macro-with-validation-isnum-does-not-work-even-if.html

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answer.

But in that Answers, problem wasn't solved.
I do not know the reason after all, but it ended with the conclusion that isnum() function did not work well.

I wonder how some functions such as isnull (), isnum () and isnotnull () do not work well with macros.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...