Splunk Search

How to table a KV output?

senthamilselvan
Engager

Hi Team,

I used the below query to extract the log file.

index="test" sourcetype="todayline" | kv pairdelim="\r\n" kvdelim="="

I can able to extract the field name & field value fields as expected.

But I am not able to table the output values. When I use the below query I got the output in different format as below.

| stats values(Application_handle) as Application_Handle,values(Application_ID) AS "ApplicationID",values(Application_name) AS "ApplicationName",values(Application_status) AS "ApplicationStatus"

This is the output I got and also all the events are coming in a single row.

Application_Handle  ApplicationID   ApplicationName     ApplicationStatus
1                                     10.4                         BIBus                              Excecuting
2                                      10.7                        SAS
3                                      10.5                        bbbb                      

But I want the the output as each event in a single row.

Application_Handle  ApplicationID   ApplicationName     ApplicationStatus
1                                     10.4                         BIBus                              Excecuting
2                                      10.7                        SAS                                  Excecuting
3                                      10.5                        bbbb                               Excecuting

Thanks
Selvan

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

If you want to table the relevant fields of the events, why not use the actual table command?

index="test" sourcetype="todayline" | kv pairdelim="\r\n" kvdelim="=" | table Application_handle Application_ID Application_name Application_status
0 Karma

Super Champion

can it be done using dedup instead of stats try this:

index="test" sourcetype="todayline" | kv pairdelim="\r\n" kvdelim="="|dedup Application_handle Application_ID Application_name Application_status

OR try using stats:

<base_search>| stats values(Application_ID) AS "ApplicationID",values(Application_name) AS "ApplicationName",values(Application_status) AS "ApplicationStatus" by Application_handle
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...