Splunk Search

How to swap X and Y axis?

bryceweb22
Path Finder

I have an area chart with Time_Taken on the x axis and count on the y axis and I want them to be switched, please help.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Assuming that all of your values on the existing X-axis ARE NUMBERS (this is a BIG "if"), just add this to the bottom of your existing search:

| untable _time Xaxis Yaxis
| xyseries _time Yaxis Xaxis

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Assuming that all of your values on the existing X-axis ARE NUMBERS (this is a BIG "if"), just add this to the bottom of your existing search:

| untable _time Xaxis Yaxis
| xyseries _time Yaxis Xaxis
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@bryceweb22 Can you share your chart command?You can use untable and xyseries command. This post may help.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/477392/how-do-i-invert-the-x-and-y-axis-in-my-chart.html

0 Karma

bryceweb22
Path Finder

| rex ".*\s(?P\d+)$$$$"
| chart count by Time_Taken span=16
| sort Time_Taken

This is what I have.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@bryceweb22 - You can simply change your visualization from column chart to bar chart, it will make time on y axis and count on x axis.

0 Karma

bryceweb22
Path Finder

Well I have it as a area chart as of right now and I would prefer to keep it that way unless there is no way to swap their positions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...