Splunk Search

How to search across multiple Data Centers in a clustered environment?

sat94541
Communicator

I have two Data Centers: one in New York (NY) and other in San Francisco (SF) city.
We have a Cluster Master , Search Head and Cluster Peers in NY City
We also have a separate Cluster Master, Search Head and Cluster Peers in SF.

• We are able to use the Search Head (NY) to search the Cluster Peers (NY)
  • Also, we are able to use the Search Head (SF) to search the Cluster Peers (SF)

Now our next requirement is to be able to use the Search Head (NY) to search both (NY) Cluster Peers and (SF) Cluster Peers.
We also need to be able to use the Search Head (SF) to search both (NY) Cluster Peers and (SF) Cluster Peers.

Which ports do I need to enable?

1 Solution

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here is what I will do

i) Login to Search Head(NY) and navigate to Setting> Clustering and add the Cluster Master(SF). For this to work, you should be able to telnet to Cluster Master (SF) and Cluster Peer(SF) from Search Head (NY)

ii) Also, login to Search Head(SF) and navigate to Setting> Clustering and add the Cluster Master(NY). For this to work you should be able to telnet to Cluster Master (NY) and Cluster Peer(NY) from Search Head (SF)

Once above steps are done, you can verify the peers being searched using the search below

---From Search Head(NY)------
Index=_internal | dedup splunk_server | table Splunk_server
This should show all peers from Data Center (NY) and (SF)

----From Search Head (SF)----

View solution in original post

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here is what I will do

i) Login to Search Head(NY) and navigate to Setting> Clustering and add the Cluster Master(SF). For this to work, you should be able to telnet to Cluster Master (SF) and Cluster Peer(SF) from Search Head (NY)

ii) Also, login to Search Head(SF) and navigate to Setting> Clustering and add the Cluster Master(NY). For this to work you should be able to telnet to Cluster Master (NY) and Cluster Peer(NY) from Search Head (SF)

Once above steps are done, you can verify the peers being searched using the search below

---From Search Head(NY)------

----From Search Head (SF)----

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...