Splunk Search

How to print a splunk variable?

satyajit7
Explorer

How to print a splunk default variable in search query? Actually I have two variables like $job.earliestTime$ and $job.latestTime$. And I want this two to use in alert so that it will give me the date range in the pdf. Can somebody please suggest. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

satyajit7
Explorer

@gcusello Thanks for your reply and I got solution as well.  I have looked to that doc and got some ideas. Now I'm able to print the date range in Tabular format.

My code looks like this and it's working perfectly

....|addinfo| eval startDate= strftime(info_min_time,"%Y-%m-%d")| eval endDate= strftime(info_max_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|table startDate endDate.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

satyajit7
Explorer

And I'm trying to use like this 

.....|eval startDate = $job.earliestTime$ | eval endDate = $job.latestTime$ | table startDate endDate 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @satyajit7,

see the addinfo command (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Addinfo)

you need info_min_time and info_max_time.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

satyajit7
Explorer

@gcusello Thanks for your reply and I got solution as well.  I have looked to that doc and got some ideas. Now I'm able to print the date range in Tabular format.

My code looks like this and it's working perfectly

....|addinfo| eval startDate= strftime(info_min_time,"%Y-%m-%d")| eval endDate= strftime(info_max_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|table startDate endDate.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @satyajit7,

good for your and see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...