Splunk Search

How to parse a string with special format into objects or variables?

jvdev

Hi there,

I have trying to use spath to try to extract fields inside a string. Currently, the string has this format..

stringField=["fieldOne": "fieldValue", "fieldTwo": "fieldValue", "fieldThree": "fieldValue"]

So, my string inside has some kinda of array with key value pairs. I would to be able to extract those fields and values in a way that I can use their information for my queries. 

I would like to be able to get the value of fieldOne by just calling the fieldOne variable/object to get it's value to perform my desire task/stats and so on.. 

I was trying something like... but no luck!

search... | spath input=stringField 
search... | eval newVariable=spath(_raw,'stringField')
search... | spath
search... | spath path=stringField output=newField

The first option of just using input with the spath command only gave me back the first field inside my string. And it was listed as {} field.

I would really appreciate the help!

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval stringField="{".trim(stringField,"[]")."}"
| spath input=stringField
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...