Splunk Search

How to make this transaction work and find values from one result set that might be related to the other?

MonkeyK
Builder

I am trying to correlate two resultsets.

One is a straight search of apache logs.
The other is a table that that took a long time to run (several days)

I wanted to know if the web logs are likely related the results in the table, which I define by them happening around the same time. So I tried using the transaction command with a dummy common value

|searchA | eval dummy="true", from="searchA" 
| append [|loadjob sid=job2 | eval dummy="true", from="searchB"] 
| transaction dummy maxspan=3s

And this does create a resultset of transactions, but it ignored the appended loadjob. I think this was because that job's results were a table, not events. So I tried turning it into events

|loadjob sid=job2 
| eval dummy="true", from="searchB" 
| eval _raw=_time." ".col1." ".col2

And then used that for the transaction

|searchA | eval dummy="true", from="searchA" 
| append [|loadjob sid=job2 | eval dummy="true", from="searchB" | eval _raw=_time." ".col1." ".col2] 
| transaction dummy maxspan=3s

But this creates distinct transactions for each "from" value even though I only defined the transaction field on "dummy".

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can correlate these two result sets on time?
My ultimate goal will be to finish the query with

|search from="searchA" from="searchB"

So I can find values from one result set that might be related to the other

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...