Splunk Search

How to list servers sending logs to Splunk along with source & sourcetype details

splunkwar
Explorer

Hi,

I need to list all the Source Server Details (Hosname and IP Address) including log paths & Log File names which are sending logs to Splunk environment. The following query doesn't fetch the IP Address. Is there any better way to do it?

index=* 
| stats values(source) as sources ,values(sourcetype) as sourcetype by host
0 Karma
1 Solution

sumanssah
Communicator

Try below mentioned SPL, work normally if you are not on Splunk cloud environment. Please check and let us know if works

| tstats  values(source) as sources ,values(sourcetype) as sourcetype where index=* by host
| lookup dnslookup clienthost as host OUTPUT  clientip as src_ip

View solution in original post

sumanssah
Communicator

Try below mentioned SPL, work normally if you are not on Splunk cloud environment. Please check and let us know if works

| tstats  values(source) as sources ,values(sourcetype) as sourcetype where index=* by host
| lookup dnslookup clienthost as host OUTPUT  clientip as src_ip

splunkwar
Explorer

Hey mate, Thanks for your answer. Do I need to make any changes on | lookup query part. pardon for basic doubt, I am new to Splunk.

0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

Hello @splunkwar , its internet lookup script. No changes required 🙂

0 Karma

splunkwar
Explorer

Thanks @sumanssah . It perfectly worked and fulfilled my need.

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Check this query. In results host might contain IPs, hostname or just names of the source. You need to map host values with IPs using a csv lookup.

| metasearch index=*
| stats count by index,source,host,sourcetype
0 Karma

splunkwar
Explorer

Thanks for your answer !

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have a lookup table that maps host names to IP addresses?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...