Splunk Search

How to get searches to run in Smart or Verbose mode when selecting "Open In Search" from a dashboard panel?

franks59
Explorer

All my dashboards panels, written in Simple XML, default to Search Mode "Fast" when the "Open In Search" icon is selected. To see the event details, either "Smart" or "Verbose" mode needs to then be selected which is a major PITA.

Is there any way to get these searches to run in either Smart or Verbose mode upon selecting the "Open in Search" option from the dashboard panel?

Thanks,
Frank

nburgess1
Explorer

I had a problem of my workflow actions not being available in the dashboard because the fields were not showing up. I added | fields * to the end of my search and it forced the search to run in verbose mode making my workflow actions available again.

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this is really important when using post-process searches. Add | fields * to the base search. Thanks for the tip!

0 Karma

rewritex
Contributor

Maybe try dropping this in your source/xml: <param name="searchModeLevel">verbose</param>

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.1.3/AdvancedDev/ModuleReference

Jugabanhi
Explorer

Hi @rewritex ,

Could you please give a snippet of the same. On click of search icon of panels in my dashboard, the queries are running to verbose mode only, want to change it to fast mode. I am using Base search in my dashboard.

Since export option is not available, trying out this scenerio, but I have a good amount of data, as such running in verbose mode is something trying to avoid.

@all, please suggest some.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...