Splunk Search

How to get eventstats count with dynamic parameter?

Kislac
Engager

Hello!

I would like to count from a field based on another field.
I have a events with following  2 fields (Doors_Order & RQM_Order). I would like to count based on Doors_Order field from entire RQM_Order fields.

In excel this look like this:

=COUNTIF(E:E;C9)

Kislac_2-1651585099290.png

I have tried with this:
| basesearch
| eventstats count(eval(RQMOrder_NotValidated=RQMOrder)) as ReqGap2

But this will count only if the 2 field is same in 1 event, not in entire events lists. I have tired lots of another things, but non of them worked. In excel this looks easy. Is there any solution in splunk?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Kislac - Can you try something like this?

<your-search>
| join type=left DoorsOrder [| search <your search> | stats count by RQMOrder | rename RQMOrder AS DoorsOrder]
| fillnull count value=0
| rename count as ReqGap2

(I'm using field names as shown in the excel screenshots if some fields need to change please do so.)

I hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Kislac - Can you try something like this?

<your-search>
| join type=left DoorsOrder [| search <your search> | stats count by RQMOrder | rename RQMOrder AS DoorsOrder]
| fillnull count value=0
| rename count as ReqGap2

(I'm using field names as shown in the excel screenshots if some fields need to change please do so.)

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...