Splunk Search

How to format output of a query

sudeep5689
Explorer

I have a query with time range earliest=-2mon@mon latest=-1mon@mon . Now can i store the result as the month name which comes between earliest and latest ? E.g., for above example its should be March

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

Super Champion

Try below to capital first letter of month

... | eval date_month = upper(substr(date_month,1,1)).substr(date_month,2)
0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

Ok 1 more issue that o/p shows April first and then March, is there a way to show March first and then April. This o/p is coming from two queries appended together. My objective is to show a month wise comparison starting from March to April etc. and so on

0 Karma

Super Champion

you may try-

|sort 0 - date_month

OR

|sort 0 - _time
0 Karma

Super Champion

@sudeep5689 since date_month field is coming in your data it should have your expected month value

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

Yes thats worked but its showing the month name as march, april. Can we format it to show as April and March. Please add your solution as the answer

0 Karma

Super Champion

date_month field should not show comma separeted values it will either show march or april but not both as comma separeted . can you share any screen shot what you are getting in date_month field.

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

Its coming fine . Just its like there are two rows coming as april and march. I want to show them like April March, first letter in caps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...