Splunk Search

How to extract fields from a JSON file from Google Analytics API?

satkumvnr

Hi dear Splunkers

I have the following JSON given by a REST calling at Google Analytics:

{"kind":"analytics#realtimeData","id":"https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/realtime?ids=ga:XXXXXXX&dimensions=rt:eventCategory,rt:eventAction,rt:eventLabel&metrics=rt:totalEvents&filters=rt:eventCategory%3D%3Ddata","query":{"ids":"ga:XXXXXXX","dimensions":"rt:eventCategory,rt:eventAction,rt:eventLabel","metrics":["rt:totalEvents"],"filters":"rt:eventCategory==Results”,”max-results":1000},"totalResults":7,"selfLink":"https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/realtime?ids=ga:XXXXXXX&dimensions=rt:eventCategory,rt:eventAction,rt:eventLabel&metrics=rt:totalEvents&filters=rt:eventCategory%3D%3Ddata","profileInfo":{"profileId":"XXXXXXX","accountId":"XXXXXXX","webPropertyId":"XXXXXXX","internalWebPropertyId":"XXXXXXX","profileName":"All Web Site Data","tableId":"realtime:XXXXXXX"},"columnHeaders":[{"name":"rt:eventCategory","columnType":"DIMENSION","dataType":"STRING"},{"name":"rt:eventAction","columnType":"DIMENSION","dataType":"STRING"},{"name":"rt:eventLabel","columnType":"DIMENSION","dataType":"STRING"},{"name":"rt:totalEvents","columnType":"METRIC","dataType":"INTEGER"}],"totalsForAllResults":{"rt:totalEvents":"377"},"rows”:[[“Success”,”search","0JIwnotL","67”],[“Failure”,”search","AgxsqvYs","8"],["Failure","search","DQhOXfQs","41"],["Failure","search","I6HTlk5z","68"],["Results","search","TL7dI0UN","60"],["Success","search","XcC3EU45","69"],["Success","search","oBTyH99G","64"]]}

I'm having a hard time trying to use spath so I can break the data I need as follows:

Results    Process   Info               Count
Failure     search     0JIwnotL       67
Success  search      XcC3EU45    69

Can you guys help me?
How can I use spath (or any other tool) to do this to break as a separate event?
Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

poete
Builder

Hello @satkumvnr,

according to JSONLint, the json is not valid.

I understand you had to modify it in order to remove sensitive information, but the result is not valid and I can not work with it.

Can you please check with jsonLint the result of the pruned json and post it back as an answer to this comment?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...