Splunk Search

How to extract an unescaped value?

yk010123
Path Finder

I have the following data : 

query="select field  from table where (status!="Y")  and ids.id IN ["123","145"] limit 500" params="{}"

How can I extract the field query ignoring the special characters? 

My query .... | table query params Is cut off when it reaches the status field. 

How can I extract everything regardless of the special characters? 

Is there any recommended format that I should change my logs to make them easier to parse?  

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

is this what you are looking for?

<your search> | rex field=_raw "query=\"(?<query>.*)\"\s+params=\"(?<params>[^\"]+)" | table query params

if not, then please give us some input examples and the expected output you are looking for.

View solution in original post

mayurr98
Super Champion

is this what you are looking for?

<your search> | rex field=_raw "query=\"(?<query>.*)\"\s+params=\"(?<params>[^\"]+)" | table query params

if not, then please give us some input examples and the expected output you are looking for.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...