Splunk Search

How to extract all values?

ranjithan
Path Finder

----------------------- DISK INFORMATION ----------------------------

DISK="/dev/sda" NAME="sda" HCTL="0:0:0:0" TYPE="disk" VENDOR="VMware " SIZE="210G" SCSIHOST="0" CHANNEL="0" ID="0" LUN="0" BOOTDISK="TRUE"

DISK="/dev/sdb" NAME="sdb" HCTL="0:0:1:0" TYPE="disk" VENDOR="VMware " SIZE="100G" SCSIHOST="0" CHANNEL="0" ID="1" LUN="0" BOOTDISK="FALSE"

My log (multiline event) looks like this but Splunk is automatically extracting just the first line . I want to extract all the values. 

for example:

NAME=sda

NAME=sdb

Could someone please help me with it

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ranjithan,

please try this 

| rex "(?ms)^DISK\=\"(?<DISK>[^\"]+)\"\s+NAME\=\"(?<NAMA>[^\"]+)\"\s+HCTL\=\"(?<HCTL>[^\"]+)\"\s+TYPE\=\"(?<TYPE>[^\"]+)\"\s+VENDOR\=\"(?<VENDOR>[^\"]+)\"\s+SIZE\=\"(?<SIZE>[^\"]+)\"\s+SCSIHOST\=\"(?<SCSIHOST>[^\"]+)\"\s+CHANNEL\=\"(?<CHANNEL>[^\"]+)\"\s+ID\=\"(?<ID>[^\"]+)\"\s+LUN\=\"(?<LUN>[^\"]+)\"\s+BOOTDISK\=\"(?<BOOTDISK>[^\"]+)\""

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/LrfKpR/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ranjithan,

please try this 

| rex "(?ms)^DISK\=\"(?<DISK>[^\"]+)\"\s+NAME\=\"(?<NAMA>[^\"]+)\"\s+HCTL\=\"(?<HCTL>[^\"]+)\"\s+TYPE\=\"(?<TYPE>[^\"]+)\"\s+VENDOR\=\"(?<VENDOR>[^\"]+)\"\s+SIZE\=\"(?<SIZE>[^\"]+)\"\s+SCSIHOST\=\"(?<SCSIHOST>[^\"]+)\"\s+CHANNEL\=\"(?<CHANNEL>[^\"]+)\"\s+ID\=\"(?<ID>[^\"]+)\"\s+LUN\=\"(?<LUN>[^\"]+)\"\s+BOOTDISK\=\"(?<BOOTDISK>[^\"]+)\""

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/LrfKpR/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ranjithan
Path Finder

Thank you. let me try...

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ranjithan,

if this answer solves your need, please accept it for the other epople of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if your input file or what ever is generating this is like this (one DISK on every line)

DISK="/dev/sda" NAME="sda" HCTL="0:0:0:0" TYPE="disk" VENDOR="VMware " SIZE="210G" SCSIHOST="0" CHANNEL="0" ID="0" LUN="0" BOOTDISK="TRUE"
DISK="/dev/sdb" NAME="sdb" HCTL="0:0:1:0" TYPE="disk" VENDOR="VMware " SIZE="100G" SCSIHOST="0" CHANNEL="0" ID="1" LUN="0" BOOTDISK="FALSE"

then you can use props.conf in HF/IDX (which one is first from your source)

DATETIME_CONFIG=CURRENT
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=true
LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)
NO_BINARY_CHECK=true

Basically this is what splunk is doing without any configurations.

How you are collecting that disk information?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

ranjithan
Path Finder

it is based on shell script output. 

0 Karma

ranjithan
Path Finder

Kindly suggest if it could be done via SPL or regex extractions..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...