Splunk Search

How to edit my search to split statistics results per day?

alisonchicoria

HI Guys.
I have a search that shows our HTTP code errors and do a error percentage of that based on total value of requisitions, what i need to do is split this results on dates, look below the code:

message = "Request LOG" (path="*purchase*" OR path="*buy*") earliest=-3h | stats count by statusCode | eventstats sum(count) as total | eval percent = round(100*(count/total),2) . " %" | search (statusCode=5*) | eventstats sum(count) as errortotal | eval errper = round(100*(errortotal/total),2) | fields - errortotal, total

How could i do that?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

message = "Request LOG" (path="*purchase*" OR path="*buy*") earliest=-3h | eval errors=if(like(statusCode,"5%"),1,0)
|  timechart span=1d count as total sum(errors) as errortotal | eval errper = round(100*(errortotal/total),2)
| table _time errper

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What to do depends a lot on how you want the final visualization to look. Based on your code, I'm assuming that any statusCode that starts with 5 is an error. The first part of this sample code just generates a bunch of random events that have statusCodes from 0A-7D and dates from 2/1 through 2/27...

| gentimes start="02/01/2017:00:00:00" end="02/27/2017:01:00:00" increment=7h
| eval _time =starttime
| eval statusCode="A B C D A B C A B C D A B C D A B C C D A D A B C D A B C D A C D A B C D A B C D" 
| eval rand1=random()%10 | eval rand2=11+2*random()%15
| eval statusCode=substr(statusCode,rand1,rand2)
| makemv statusCode
| mvexpand statusCode
| eval rand3=random()%8
| eval statusCode=rand3.statusCode
| table _time statusCode

This part calculates for each statusCode that starts with 5, the percentage of that day's events made up of that statusCode

| bin _time span=1d
| stats count as DayStatusCount by _time statusCode
| eventstats sum(DayStatusCount) as DayTotalCount by _time
| search (statusCode=5*)
| eval percent=round(100*(DayStatusCount/DayTotalCount),2)
| table _time statusCode percent

This part adds a record for each day with the total percentage of that day's events that are errors

| appendpipe [|stats sum(percent) as percent by _time | eval statusCode = "All Errors"] 

This part presents the results...

| sort 0 _time statusCode
| timechart sum(percent) as percent by statusCode
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

message = "Request LOG" (path="*purchase*" OR path="*buy*") earliest=-3h | eval errors=if(like(statusCode,"5%"),1,0)
|  timechart span=1d count as total sum(errors) as errortotal | eval errper = round(100*(errortotal/total),2)
| table _time errper
0 Karma

alisonchicoria

Somesoni2 i still need the statusCode count and the total sum in the chart with the errper presentation
Do you know how to do that?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You mean a column for each error status code or just the error count and total count values for that day ? If it's later, then just remove the last table command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...