Splunk Search

How to display requests_currently_being_processed = (number) ?

splunkman341
Communicator

Hi guys,

So today I am trying to graph "requests_currently_being_processed" by server by time- over 1 hour period.

The log which I am trying to form the search from is as follows:

Can someone please lend me a land? If you need any clarification, please let me know how I can help.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The quickest way is as follows:

... | rex "requests_per_second=(?<requests_per_second>[^,]*)," | timechart span=1h avg(requests_per_second) BY server

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The quickest way is as follows:

... | rex "requests_per_second=(?<requests_per_second>[^,]*)," | timechart span=1h avg(requests_per_second) BY server

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What have you tried so far? Regex should be unnecessary since your data is already in keyword=value format so Splunk can automatically extract the fields.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

splunkman341
Communicator

I have tried doing :

index=mobile_app sourcetype=apache_status_log "requests_per_second=" | timechart span=1d limit=5 count by host 

But that is not correct. I want it to display all the requests per second over an hour span for each of the hosts.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How is it not correct? The host field is not necessarily the name of the server that processed the request. I believe you want index=mobile_app sourcetype=apache_status_log "requests_per_second" | timechart span=1h limit=5 values(requests_per_second) by ServerName.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...