Splunk Search

How to delete a bulletin

richnavis
Contributor

I have a bulletin message indicating that a restart of the splunk service is required due to enabling/disabling a splunk App. I won't be restarting the app for a while so I would like to delete the bulletin Message. The splunk user interface allows me to navigate to a section called Mananger/UserInterface/Bulletin Messages, and provides a delete link. However clicking a link on the message I'd like to delete causes the following error...Error occurred attempting to remove MessageHandler:restart_required_reason_1: In handler 'messages': Failed to remove message: MessageHandler:restart_required_reason_1.

Any idea why I can't delete this message, and how to fix?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can clear restart messages by going here: http://splunkhost:8000/en-US/manager/search/control and pressing the button to do so.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm looking at 6.0.0/6.0.1.

0 Karma

richnavis
Contributor

On which version? I'm at 5.01 I only have a single button to restart.. I'm logged in as admin..

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's two buttons on that page, one to restart and one to clear the message.

0 Karma

richnavis
Contributor

Perhaps I should have been more clear 😉 .. Is there a way to clear the restart message without restarting..

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You would have been seeing two bulletin messages I believe. restart_required and restart_required_1 or something like this. first delete restart_required and then other. Also, ensure you're logged in with admin account.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...