Splunk Search

How to delay with search result when run via Splunk API?

surabhi

Hi,

We have a platform where lot of dashboards are populated using splunk searches via splunk api call.

All the query runs fine and brings results in 30-40 secs however there is one query which brings results in around 5 mins. The query is not complex and runs within seconds on splunk search heads and I also used postman to check how long it takes- it was around seconds on postman as well. I beleive there is no issue at query end.

I checked the splunk logs for that particular SID which took 5 mins to run: I see below ERROR logs:

ERROR SHCRepJob [18757 SHPPushExecutorWorker-0] - failed job=SHPRepJob peer="splunk-search head", guid="xxx" aid=xxx, tgtPeer="splunk-search head ", tgtGuid="xxx", tgtRP=xxx, useSSL=false tgt_hp=xx:8089 tgt_guid=xx replicate?output_mode=json, error=500 - Failed to trigger replication (artifact='xxx Job id') (err='event=SHPSlave::replicateArtifactTo invalid status=alive to be a source for replication')

Any idea about this error. Because i do see this error on other queries SID which are running fine. I am not sure what exactly is the reason for delay.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...