Splunk Search

How to debug in Splunk python sdk??

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me , how I can debug a python file in Splunk python SDK. Which IDE should I use?

1 Solution

harshal_chakran
Builder

After lot of research i found that Visual Studio 2012 along with Python plugin for visual studio is best IDE for developing applications on python and splunk SDK

View solution in original post

jbouch03
Path Finder

I've been using pyCharm, but I just happened to read this blog post today: http://blogs.splunk.com/2014/02/03/how-to-debug-django-applications-with-pdb-pycharm-and-visual-stud...

It says that visual studio tends to crash when you stop debugging. I haven't had that issue in pyCharm though.

harshal_chakran
Builder

After lot of research i found that Visual Studio 2012 along with Python plugin for visual studio is best IDE for developing applications on python and splunk SDK

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...