Splunk Search

How to create a search for Splunk alerts for duplicate events?

wicke_s
Explorer

I am trying to create a splunk alert for duplicate data and would like some help in creating the splunk search. The data looks something like this for a giving search time duration

Server    Ping         ID
ref0120   60           125gt
ref0125   53           456hy
ref0365   45           125gt
ref0012   32           526yu

The alert should look for the following:
1. If I get more than 1 event for the same ID in the specified duration, Trigger an alert
2. In our example, we have 2 events with the same ID '125gt'. I want an alert to be triggered when this happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search for events and count them by ID. Eliminate those with a count of 1. If you get any results, trigger and alert.

<your search for events> | stats count, values(Server) as Server, values(Ping) as Ping by ID | where count > 1
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search for events and count them by ID. Eliminate those with a count of 1. If you get any results, trigger and alert.

<your search for events> | stats count, values(Server) as Server, values(Ping) as Ping by ID | where count > 1
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

wicke_s
Explorer

This is awesome! I tested this and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your time!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...