Splunk Search

How to create a custom table?

jannsenagustin

Hello,

I want to create a table similar to the picture below, I have tried the table command but I can't seem to make it work. Is there any way? I also checked if I can work around the heatmap visualization but cannot seem to make it work. Any help is appreciated
alt text

0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

I think, you should be able to get your requirements meet with the answer from @cusello. However, In case you want to build custom dashboard you can consider using java script.

On the dashboard page you need to add your query with search tag.

<search id="cluster_details">
    <query>index= main sourcetype="data" | table hostname cluster_status</query>
  </search>

Then add a panel in the dashboard like following:

<row>
    <panel>
      <title>Table View</title>
      <html>
          <div id="table_data"></div>
      </html>
    </panel>

</row>

In the JS , you need to fetch the results from the search query and prepare the table output as per your requirement.

function(mvc, SingleView, SearchManager) {
    var search_investigation = mvc.Components.get("table_data");
    if(search_pce_status){
        var abc = abc.data("results");
        search_pce_result.on("data",function(){
            console.log("In Data");
            if(abc.hasData()){
                var numRows = (abc.data().rows).length;
                console.log(numRows);
                var id = document.getElementById('pce_service_status');
                for(var index=0; index<numRows; index++){ 
                    create_service_div(id,"Not Running",abc.data().rows[index][0],"rgb(217, 63, 60);");
                    create_service_div(id,"Optional",abc.data().rows[index][2],"grey");
                    create_service_div(id,"Partial",abc.data().rows[index][1],"rgb(247, 188, 56);");
                    create_service_div(id,"Running",abc.data().rows[index][3],"rgb(101, 166, 55);");
                    create_service_div(id,"Unknown",abc.data().rows[index][4],"grey");

}
            }
        });

function create_service_div(parent,label,value,color){
    var col = document.createElement("div");
    col.setAttribute("class","css-class");
    var heading = document.createElement("div");
    heading.innerHTML = '<p class="css__font" style="color:'+color+'">'+label+':'+value+'</p>';      
    col.appendChild(heading);
    parent.appendChild(col);
}  

}
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi jannsenagustin,
To have the visualization you like, you have to build your search, something like this example

index=_* earliest=-1h@h latest=@h | chart count over index by date_minute limit=0

Otherwise, did you already seen in the Splunk 7.x Dashboard Examples? there is the Calendar Heatmap Visualization.
Or the Calendar Visualization app (downloadable from apps.splunk.com) that could be useful for you.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...