Splunk Search

How to create a Search for "DBX - Input Performance - Input Jobs Median Duration Time" for a DB Input?

mninansplunk
Path Finder

Hello,

We had an issue where where a DB Input we have fell behind in fetching the events.  We seen that a few days ago the "Input Jobs Median Duration over Time"  chart on the "DB Connect Input Performance" Dashboard went from 0 to over 200.

Is there a Search that can be done to obtain the Median of duration?  I would love to create an alert for if this happens again.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried clicking the Edit button on that dashboard and looking at the search for that panel?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mninansplunk
Path Finder

Thanks for the help, So I went into the Source and can see the Search Query, but I get no results when I try to Search it manually.  I'm thinking I need to change the format but am not sure what that would be.

pivot DBX_Job_Metrics Job_Metrics median(duration) AS "Median of duration" SPLITROW _time AS
_time PERIOD auto SPLITCOL input_name
FILTER status is COMPLETED
FILTER input_name is myinput
SORT 100 _time ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 100 SHOWOTHER 1

Thanks again,

Tom

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...