Splunk Search

How to count the number of issues (from Jira) that were created, only once?

YuliyaVassilyev
Explorer

I have data from Jira in Splunk, and issues (stories in particular) are counted multiple times because of modifications. For example I created a story and then edited it. Now it is counted twice in Splunk, but it should only be one story count. How to make sure it is only counted once.

0 Karma
1 Solution

efavreau
Motivator

@YuliyaVassilyeva Depending on your search query, there are a few ways. If you're using something common like stats or timechart, you might use distinct count. Example:

| stats dc(story) as DistinctCount
###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

efavreau
Motivator

@YuliyaVassilyeva Depending on your search query, there are a few ways. If you're using something common like stats or timechart, you might use distinct count. Example:

| stats dc(story) as DistinctCount
###

YuliyaVassilyev
Explorer

That worked. Thank you!

0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

@YuliyaVassilyeva Glad it worked! Please accept the answer, so others in Splunk Answers know this question has an acceptable answer. 🙂

###

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...