Splunk Search

How to count each tupple values by day of the week

nishan_perera
Explorer

I got a query like this,

%asa deny OR denied | eval dest_port = if(isnum(dest_port),dest_port,00)| eval denyTuppleValue = src_ip."-".dest_ip."-".dest_port | stats values(denyTuppleValue),count(denyTuppleValue) by date_wday

Result

date_wday   values(denyTuppleValue) count(denyTuppleValue)
wednesday   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx   520
                     xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx
    thursday  xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx   10

But i need to get the count for each denyTuppleValue not the count for the day. Which would look like

date_wday   values(denyTuppleValue) count(denyTuppleValue)
wednesday   xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx   110
           xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx      20
            xx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xx.xxx.x-xx     130

Any ideas would be much apprecieated.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

%asa deny OR denied | eval dest_port = if(isnum(dest_port),dest_port,00)| eval denyTuppleValue = src_ip."-".dest_ip."-".dest_port | stats count(denyTuppleValue) as count by date_wday,denyTuppleValue | stats values(denyTuppleValue) values(count) by date_wday

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

%asa deny OR denied | eval dest_port = if(isnum(dest_port),dest_port,00)| eval denyTuppleValue = src_ip."-".dest_ip."-".dest_port | stats count(denyTuppleValue) as count by date_wday,denyTuppleValue | stats values(denyTuppleValue) values(count) by date_wday

nishan_perera
Explorer

this is also works, but you need to click the day inorder to go to the view i want. but yeah i can reuse your query to get the values i'm after and saving into a CSV file. thanks for the help

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can even leave off the values(denyTuppleValue) when grouping by that very field.

0 Karma

nishan_perera
Explorer

true , i should get rid of that

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

What happen if you change your search to:

%asa deny OR denied | eval dest_port = if(isnum(dest_port),dest_port,00)| eval denyTuppleValue = src_ip."-".dest_ip."-".dest_port | stats values(denyTuppleValue),count(denyTuppleValue) by date_wday, denyTuppleValue
0 Karma

nishan_perera
Explorer

this works , but the day get repeated for each value. but i think this is what i after. Cheers for the help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...