Splunk Search

How to assign value for muliselect option with another token?

sangs8788
Communicator

Hi , I have a token $hosstype$ which will get values as 'web', 'rpt' etc. If All option is selected the value to be passed to $tokenhost$ should be "prod-$hosttype*". How do i assign value as concatenated string with another token ?

<label>$server$</label>
  <search>
    <query>index=app   sourcetype=app_gc_log  host="prod-$hosttype$*"| dedup host |sort host | table host</query>
    <earliest>-30d@d</earliest>
    <latest>now</latest>
  </search>
   <choice value="prod-$hosttype$*">All</choice>        
  <fieldForLabel>host</fieldForLabel>
  <fieldForValue>host</fieldForValue>
  <valuePrefix>host=</valuePrefix>
  <delimiter> OR </delimiter>
</input>
Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@sangs8788 can you step back a little and post the input example and output example?
Is it that hosttype contains a comma separated value and you need to prefix and suffix the entire content?

$hosttype$ ->  'web', 'rpt', 'blah'
$tokenhost$ -> ????

Where is the code which sets up $hosttype$?
Also which version of Splunk are you using 🙂

sangs8788
Communicator

@niketnilay $tokenhost$ -> host="pft-web-1" OR host="pft-web-2"
The tokenhost is based on the multiselected options. It can either be one server or 2 server or it can be All too.

$hosttype$ is passed from another dashboard. This dashboard is drilldown of another. Version of splunk - 6.4.1

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@sangs8788, I think you need to prefix all host values passed from source-dashboard with pft-. You can do this directly from Source Dashboard by also passing comma delimited values for $form.tokenhost$ for the multiselect. If this seems feasible, I can post a dummy source-destination drilldown to set token for multiselect input.

Meanwhile you can refer to one of my Splunk Wiki Talk topic on setting token for multi-select using text box. In your case the values will be set by source dashboard itself rather than the text-box.

** https://wiki.splunk.com/User_talk:Niketnilay#Topic_13:_Use_text_box_as_multi-value_input_for_Multise...

DalJeanis
Legend

Try something like this

<label>$server$</label>
    <search>
      <query>index=app   sourcetype=app_gc_log  host="prod-$hosttype$*"
      | dedup host 
      | sort 0 host  
      | eval hostvalue=host 
      | append [
        | makeresults 
        | eval host="All", hostvalue="prod-$hosttype$*"
        ]
      | table host hostvalue 
      </query>
      <earliest>-30d@d</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <fieldForLabel>host</fieldForLabel>
    <fieldForValue>hostvalue</fieldForValue>
    <valuePrefix>host="</valuePrefix>
    <valueSuffix>"</valueSuffix>
</input>

Technically, since it isn't a multiselect, you wouldn't need the delimiter. If you ever turn it into a multiselect, then you will need these:

<prefix> ( </prefix>
    <delimiter> OR </delimiter>
    <suffix> ) </suffix>
0 Karma

sangs8788
Communicator

No luck. The input lists down the server name except for the "All" option

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...