Splunk Search

How to adjust chart column width?

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I have the below panel. What I'm looking to do is to make the columns in this graph "skinny" (5 pixels or less) so that it can represent an event in time. I've seen answers on Splunk answers that refer to advanced XML (haven't done this before), or sprites (also haven't done this before). If I need to use one of those methods could you walk me thru how?

alt text

1 Solution

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try playing around with the charting.chart.columnSpacing setting for the bar chart.

For example, I opened up the source for a bar chart with overlay that I had set up. By adding the 'charting.chart.columnSpacing' option and setting it really high (100 in my case) it crunched down the bards to nearly a single pixel depending on how wide I have my browser window scaled within my desktop's resolution.

<option name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisMiddle</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.columnSpacing">100</option>
      </chart>

A similar question was asked on answers as well, here

View solution in original post

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try playing around with the charting.chart.columnSpacing setting for the bar chart.

For example, I opened up the source for a bar chart with overlay that I had set up. By adding the 'charting.chart.columnSpacing' option and setting it really high (100 in my case) it crunched down the bards to nearly a single pixel depending on how wide I have my browser window scaled within my desktop's resolution.

<option name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisMiddle</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.columnSpacing">100</option>
      </chart>

A similar question was asked on answers as well, here

vvemula
Path Finder

Thank you. Its worked for me.

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

That worked! And that was Genius!!! Thank you Pgreer!!!

If you will convert your comment to an answer I'll go ahead and accept.

Thanks again!

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

done! Glad it worked out for you.

0 Karma

auxeeliya
Engager

It actually determines the space between the bars in the charts. is there a way we can actually set the width of a column?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...