Splunk Search

How to add an escape \ to a value?

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

I am using a form and the dynamic inputs is a table of usernames. The search results in Domain\username. I would like to use the results as a token in the next panel, but in order to do that I need it to be in the form of "Domain\\username". Does anyone have a pointer on how I may accomplish this?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

ccsfdave
Builder

This is what ended up working:

... |rex field=blah "(?<domain>.*)\\\(?<username>.*)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

This is what ended up working:

... |rex field=blah "(?<domain>.*)\\\(?<username>.*)"
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rex field=username mode=sed "s/\\\/\\\\\\\/"
0 Karma

cmccririe
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm not sure if this is the cleanest way to do this but it works. In the dynamic input field add a rex statement to your search parse out Domain and username into two fields and then concatenate them back together with an extra .

1. |rex field=usernames ""(?[^\]+)\(?.*)"
  2. |eval username = domain . "\\" . user
  3. |stats count by username

This will give you values of the username field with the additional backslash for your escape character.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...