Splunk Search

How to add Currency Symbol ($ dollar sign) to a column with numbers?

tdunphy_
Explorer

Hi all,

I have a column in splunk that I want to use to show totals. I would like for the dollar sign ($) to appear before the numbers in the totals column.

Here's my query:

index=prd_aws_billing (source="/*2017-12.csv") LinkedAccountId="123456678" ProductName="Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud" | stats sum(UnBlendedCost) AS Cost by ResourceId,UsageType,user_Name,user_Engagement

How do I get the numbers in the UnBlendedCost column to appear with a dollar sign in front of them?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

livehybrid
Builder

Hi,
Try this:

index=prd_aws_billing (source="/*2017-12.csv") LinkedAccountId="123456678" ProductName="Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud" | stats sum(UnBlendedCost) AS Cost by ResourceId,UsageType,user_Name,user_Engagement | fieldformat Cost="$".tostring(Cost)

View solution in original post

livehybrid
Builder

Hi,
Try this:

index=prd_aws_billing (source="/*2017-12.csv") LinkedAccountId="123456678" ProductName="Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud" | stats sum(UnBlendedCost) AS Cost by ResourceId,UsageType,user_Name,user_Engagement | fieldformat Cost="$".tostring(Cost)

tdunphy_
Explorer

That's perfect. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...