Splunk Search

How to achieve this Splunk regex query?

sbsinha04

This is the log i am getting in splunk

msg: 2022-01-22 03:00:00.143 INFO 15 --- [ scheduling-1PurgeProcessCountTask : engine:Engine12
Cleanable Process Instance Count {"exception_management_workflow":{"finishedCount":6621,"cleanableCount":1113}}

i want output like

Engine                              finishedProcessInstanceCount

Engine12                              6621

Could you please help me on that, i am trying below query but not working

index=abc cf_app_name="DEV" |rex field=_raw "engine.(?<pam>.........) ,finishedProcessInstanceCount...(?<sam>..\d+)" | table pam, sam

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The example regex would work great if the engine name was followed immediately by a comma and the finished count, but that's not the case.  While we could define a regex to extract both fields from the event, this is a good example of a time when multiple rex commands is easier to work with.

index=abc cf_app_name="DEV" 
| rex "engine:(?<pam>\w+)"
| rex "finishedCount\\\":(?<sam>\d+)" 
| table pam, sam
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

sbsinha04

Query is not returning any data

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It works with the sample event provided in the OP.

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="msg: 2022-01-22 03:00:00.143 INFO 15 --- [ scheduling-1PurgeProcessCountTask : engine:Engine12
Cleanable Process Instance Count {\"exception_management_workflow\":{\"finishedCount\":6621,\"cleanableCount\":1113}}"
| rex "engine:(?<pam>\w+)"
| rex "finishedCount\\\":(?<sam>\d+)" 
| table pam, sam

If it's not working with real data then it's possible either or both of the regular expressions need to be modified to match the real data.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

sbsinha04

It's not working

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...