Splunk Search

How do you remove remote data with configure file?

aojie654
Path Finder

Hi, Splunkers:

Recently, I've migrated my indexer to search head, but I'm not very familiar with configure files. The question is, there are 4 remote inputs in Splunk web, and when I tried to remove them with role of admin, it showed me the following message:

alt text
I've used btool to debug the configure file, but it looks like there is no such inputs that I can find and then fix them.

Any idea for this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why do you have conf files in /var/log? All the conf files should be under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps... OR $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/... Perhaps you're referring to log files sitting on remote hosts that get picked up by the forwarder? If so, these aren't conf files, and you can easily ssh into the box and remove those log files if you wish

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why do you have conf files in /var/log? All the conf files should be under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps... OR $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/... Perhaps you're referring to log files sitting on remote hosts that get picked up by the forwarder? If so, these aren't conf files, and you can easily ssh into the box and remove those log files if you wish

0 Karma

aojie654
Path Finder

I had tried to configure these remote inputs to another index in splunk web but it looks like no use.

aojie654
Path Finder

Hi, skoelpin:

I means that I had configured to collect log files via splunk web but it was in the incorrect index so I want to remove these remote inputs but I can't. So I want to remove these in configure files. ^_^

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...