Splunk Search

How do I get the average response times for all services without specifying each service name in a search?

chanukhya
Explorer

I am trying to get average response times of all services (services1.. service n). I am able to get average response time by using the following search.

index = app1 "service1"|timechart avg(processTime)

Here is my log format.

0000037f SystemOut     O {"serviceName":"service 1"|"loggerTime":"05-03-2015 07:25:16:723 PDT"|"csrMemberId":null|"versionId":"1.0.0"|"processTime":"116 msec"|"status":"Success"|"Logging":"SerivceTracking"|"statusCode":null}

0000037f SystemOut     O {"serviceName":"service 6"|"loggerTime":"05-03-2015 07:25:16:723 PDT"|"csrMemberId":null|"versionId":"1.0.0"|"processTime":"116 msec"|"status":"Success"|"Logging":"SerivceTracking"|"statusCode":null}

How can i get the average response times for all the services (service1..service n).., without mentioning the service name in the search string?

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

.... | rex "serviceName\":\"(?<svcnm>[^\"]+)\"" | stats avg(processTime) as avgtime by svcnm

OR

.... | rex "serviceName\":\"(?<svcnm>[^\"]+)\"" | timechart span=1h avg(processTime) as avgtime by svcnm

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

.... | rex "serviceName\":\"(?<svcnm>[^\"]+)\"" | stats avg(processTime) as avgtime by svcnm

OR

.... | rex "serviceName\":\"(?<svcnm>[^\"]+)\"" | timechart span=1h avg(processTime) as avgtime by svcnm

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps index = app1 "service*"|timechart avg(processTime)?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

chanukhya
Explorer

This doesn't display the service name. I would like to have the service name and avg response times together.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...