Splunk Search

How do I get Cache Hit ratio?

spandana9
Engager

I have cache hit as well as cache miss reports, How do i get the ratio of cache hit i.e, cache hit / (cache hit + cache miss)?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

... | eval ratio=cacheHit/(cacheHit+cacheMiss) | ...

if cacheHit and cacheMiss arent fields... and specifically arent integers, then you'll have to create your own with some eval magic like this example which creates counters based on finding patterns in the raw event data:

| eval cacheHits=if(match(_raw,"Pattern that is found in cache hit events"),cacheHits+1,cacheHits) 
 | eval cacheMisses=if(match(_raw,"Pattern that is found in cache miss events"),cacheMisses+1,cacheMisses) 
 | eval cacheHitRatio=cacheHits/(cacheHits+cacheMisses)
 | table cacheHits, cacheMisses, cacheHitRatio

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

... | eval ratio=cacheHit/(cacheHit+cacheMiss) | ...

if cacheHit and cacheMiss arent fields... and specifically arent integers, then you'll have to create your own with some eval magic like this example which creates counters based on finding patterns in the raw event data:

| eval cacheHits=if(match(_raw,"Pattern that is found in cache hit events"),cacheHits+1,cacheHits) 
 | eval cacheMisses=if(match(_raw,"Pattern that is found in cache miss events"),cacheMisses+1,cacheMisses) 
 | eval cacheHitRatio=cacheHits/(cacheHits+cacheMisses)
 | table cacheHits, cacheMisses, cacheHitRatio

spandana9
Engager

Thank you.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this worked as an answer, please use the "mark as answer" link below the answer. The upvote is certainly appreciated as well. Glad to help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...