Splunk Search

How do I exclude multiple specific fields from search results?

bcdatacomm
Explorer

I have a saved search that I alert on and there is certain events I don't want the alert to trigger for when it's coming from inside my network.

Basically I have a this saved search:
index=pan_logs (log_subtype=vulnerability OR log_subtype=wildfire) | fields action, severity, CATEGORY, SUBCATEGORY, direction, dst_hostname, dst_ip, dst_user, dst_zone, log_subtype, misc, rule_name, sourcetype, src_ip, src_zone, threat_name, url, protocol, server_location

It sends me all the alerts we want to see, but there is a couple alerts I don't care about. Especially ones that come from "src_zone=inside + dst_zone=outside + threat_name=IIS DDOS"

So, how do I get my search to display everything except the events that are from inside to outside and the threat name is IIS DDOS?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried this?

index=pan_logs (log_subtype=vulnerability OR log_subtype=wildfire) NOT (src_zone=inside AND dst_zone=outside AND threat_name=IIS DDOS) | fields action, severity, CATEGORY, SUBCATEGORY, direction, dst_hostname, dst_ip, dst_user, dst_zone, log_subtype, misc, rule_name, sourcetype, src_ip, src_zone, threat_name, url, protocol, server_location
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried this?

index=pan_logs (log_subtype=vulnerability OR log_subtype=wildfire) NOT (src_zone=inside AND dst_zone=outside AND threat_name=IIS DDOS) | fields action, severity, CATEGORY, SUBCATEGORY, direction, dst_hostname, dst_ip, dst_user, dst_zone, log_subtype, misc, rule_name, sourcetype, src_ip, src_zone, threat_name, url, protocol, server_location
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

bcdatacomm
Explorer

That worked! Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...