Splunk Search

How do I add an eventtype to my search

vrmandadi
Builder

How do I add an eventtype to a search?

index=rgs_windows sourcetype=process_details instance != "Idle" instance !="_Total" NOT instance="svchost*" NOT Username = "NT_AUTHORITY*"  Username != "SYSTEM" |  rex field=instance "(?<instance>[^#]+e)" | rex field=instance "(?<t;instance>[^~]+)" | lookup host_info.csv host OUTPUTNEW ip |stats latest(ElapsedHours) AS "ElapsedHours", avg(AdjustedPercentCPU) AS "Average CPU %" ,latest(instance) AS Process by ip,host |rename ip as IP |table host, IP ,Process, ElapsedHours, "Average CPU %",

I want to add the eventtype below to the search above:

eventtype="windows_performance" ip="*" site_description="*" object="NVIDIA GPU" counter="% GPU Usage"| stats sparkline(avg(Value)) as Trend avg(Value) as Average, max(Value) as Peak, latest(Value) as Current, latest(_time) as "Last Updated" by ip

can anyone please help me? thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

eventtype="windows_performance" with your query.

Add this eventtype in the app you are using.

Go to settings ->Eventypes->new

marees123
Path Finder

worked for me... actually was searching how to add field "event type".. got an answer from your reply.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

no the above event type is already a saved event type but i want to use that in the search query

0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

can you confirm what eventtype="windows_performance" corresponds to ? the search query for the eventtype please.

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

the event type displays the "gpu usage" field ..I want this field to be displayed along with other fields in search query

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...