Splunk Search

How do I add an eventtype to my search

vrmandadi
Builder

How do I add an eventtype to a search?

index=rgs_windows sourcetype=process_details instance != "Idle" instance !="_Total" NOT instance="svchost*" NOT Username = "NT_AUTHORITY*"  Username != "SYSTEM" |  rex field=instance "(?<instance>[^#]+e)" | rex field=instance "(?<t;instance>[^~]+)" | lookup host_info.csv host OUTPUTNEW ip |stats latest(ElapsedHours) AS "ElapsedHours", avg(AdjustedPercentCPU) AS "Average CPU %" ,latest(instance) AS Process by ip,host |rename ip as IP |table host, IP ,Process, ElapsedHours, "Average CPU %",

I want to add the eventtype below to the search above:

eventtype="windows_performance" ip="*" site_description="*" object="NVIDIA GPU" counter="% GPU Usage"| stats sparkline(avg(Value)) as Trend avg(Value) as Average, max(Value) as Peak, latest(Value) as Current, latest(_time) as "Last Updated" by ip

can anyone please help me? thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

eventtype="windows_performance" with your query.

Add this eventtype in the app you are using.

Go to settings ->Eventypes->new

marees123
Path Finder

worked for me... actually was searching how to add field "event type".. got an answer from your reply.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

no the above event type is already a saved event type but i want to use that in the search query

0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor

can you confirm what eventtype="windows_performance" corresponds to ? the search query for the eventtype please.

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

the event type displays the "gpu usage" field ..I want this field to be displayed along with other fields in search query

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...