Splunk Search

Help with the Splunk settings to localize dates and numbers from English to Italian -- doc instructions didn't work

KavyaSabu
Explorer

I followed the document to translate splunk to a specific language http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/AdvancedDev/TranslateSplunk#Localize_dates_and_num.... Though I copied all the contents of the folder in locale/en_US to locale/it_IT (for Italian), and restarted splunk, the conversion didn't happen. Is there something that I'm missing out or is there another way to do it?

0 Karma

bjarnedein
Explorer

I'm facing same problem, and have raised it with Splunk in Sweden, but have not got any response yet.

0 Karma

veerashobana

Hi,
Have u found a solution for this issue?

Im facing same problem now. Any pointers from ur end?

0 Karma

bjarnedein
Explorer

Same problem here, and turned it into Splunk Sweden, but have no reply yet!

0 Karma

bjarnedein
Explorer

Can I as, why there is no solution to this problem?

PS. Same problem here - unfortunate!

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Did you do the steps in the configuration section of the page ( translating the detailed message)?
Did you change your browser settings to Italian?

0 Karma

KavyaSabu
Explorer

Yes, I did read the configuration page for changing the locale. I changed my browser settings to Italian but there was no effect only on my splunk application. It still showed English. Also changing the locale string from en-US to it-IT in the URL didn't make any difference to the contents of my application.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...