Splunk Search

Getting webintelligence indexes to work in free version

orangecollarmei

Is there any way to get summary indexing to work in the free version? I can use the realtime and 5 min queries, but all of the summary indexes are not getting populated, because I have the free version.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately, there isn't a scheduler in the free version, so you can't keep them up to date. But I suppose you might be able to use the summary backfill script and run it manually to generate and fill the summary indexes.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Managesummaryindexgapsandoverlaps#Use_t...

0 Karma

orangecollarmei

Unfortunately the backfill scripts (there are canned scripts to run the backfill summaries for webintelligence) runs the searches as nobody in the free version and can't write to the indexes...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...