Splunk Search

Generate PDF file but NOT email it

philyeo
Explorer

Hi,

I need to be able to generate PDF files of views, which I can get working, but I don't want them emailed. I want to script the generation of the PDF so I can save it somewhere - how do I do this?

ziegfried
Influencer

I've written such a script which fetches the PDF from the REST endpoint. It will be part of a little extension which adds a "Download PDF" link to the actions menu. I'll release this very soon.

Update:

The app is now online: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/26915/pdf-download-extension

It contains a script called "fetch_pdf.py" in the bin folder. You can use this to create and download PDF reports and store them somewhere. For information on how to use it execute:

splunk cmd python fetch_pdf.py --help

dvmodeste

I have the same issue right now but unable to find the extension for saving the PDF instead of email.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dvmodeste This thread is almost 8 years old. You should post a new question describing your problem.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

Is this extension still available ? if yes please provide the link. The specified link throws a 404 error

shawngarrettsgp
Path Finder

I'ed be interested in similar functionality as well, I haven't quite found anything on splunk answers that works yet.

0 Karma

watsm10
Communicator

Would this work with the in-built PDF in 5.0?

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

Updated answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...