Splunk Search

Field transformation does not work but rex does with the same regex expression

av
Loves-to-Learn

I am trying to extract a field using field transformation. My event contains a XML. Partial snippet given below -

<Name>/xx</Name>
                    <Id>HASPR00100</Id>
                    <Class>B</Class>
                    <Confidence>0.8957</Confidence>
                    <Notes>
                        <Note>
                            <Key name="note">[CDATA[{"target": "corp", "precision": 0.365, "recall": 0.553, "fnr": 0.447, "fpr": 0.0273, "confidence": {"A": 0.0, "B": 0.8957}}]]</Key>
                            <Key name="score">0.0271</Key>

I am trying to capture the "score" value 0.0271 in a field.

I tried to create a field transformation using regex below  -

\<Name\>\/xx\<\/Name\>\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\<Key name\=\"score\"\>(\S+)\<\/Key\>

But that does not work. If I use the same expression in rex I am able to extract the field.

index=a ... | rex "\<Name\>\/xx\<\/Name\>\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\n.+\<Key name\=\"score\"\>(?<sc>.*)\<\/Key\>"

Am i missing something? Or is there any better way to do this?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Any specific reason to use field transformation ? You can use field extraction to achieve the same (Define regex in field extraction directly).

0 Karma

av
Loves-to-Learn

@harsmarvania57  Tried your suggestion, but same result using direct regex in field extraction. Not sure what am I missing.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Can you please let us know regex which you have configured in field extraction and one simple raw event (Not partial event) ?

0 Karma

av
Loves-to-Learn

I was able to make it work with following regex

xx[^\$]+?score\"\>(\S+)\<
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...